We all know Cryptocurrencies are at the forefront of innovation in finance and tech. But the people involved in crypto are also leading the way, fighting in the intellectual battle ground that is crypto twitter to see which ideas gain strength and which die off. Well, at least some of them, others like myself are merely observers. To that end, I decided to make a weekly list of the best and most interesting twitter threads posted by relevant figures from this community. Click the tweets to see the rest of the threads and let me know if I missed any other good ones.
- Nick Szabo on Biological Scalability
Farming was the big breakthrough in biological scalability. Less obvious but still very important were advances in hygiene, such as the use of boiled water (as herbal or proper tea) or alcohol to avoid drinking disease-carrying village water.
— Nick Szabo?? (@NickSzabo4) June 26, 2018
2. Jackson Palmer on the Centralized “kill switches” of DApps
Starting a thread here of "decentralized" DApps/exchanges etc. that have a centralized kill switch or control. Let's start with @KyberNetwork … looks like they can halt the network, per https://t.co/4qOH6Pw8Yf pic.twitter.com/hT70ZjS9Py
— Jackson Palmer (@ummjackson) July 9, 2018
3. Cory Miller on AUGUR launch
2/ A few reasons why it’s complicated:
1. Decentralized oracle with multiple rounds of dispute resolution
2. On-chain order creation, matching, and redemptions
4. Forking is natively built into the protocol in cases of large-enough disputes
— Corey Miller (@coreyj_miller) June 27, 2018
4. Naval on Blockchains replacing Networks with Markets
2/ Humans are the networked species. The first species to network across genetic boundaries and thus seize the world.
— Naval (@naval) June 21, 2017
5. Ameer Rosic with a great tweet about Capitalism vs Socialism
Capitalism creates the value that socialists believe they are entitled to share.
— Ameer Rosic (@AmeerRosic) July 10, 2018
stay safe and remember CRYPTO IS COMING!
Follow us on twitter @cryptoiscomin